For baby :
Breastmilk is the perfect food. It provides everything a baby needs in the quantities in which he/she needs it for the first 6 months of life. It is the healthiest option for the mother and baby
- Protection against diarrhoea, gastro-enteritis and tummy upsets.
- Protection against ear infections
- Less smelly nappies
- Protection against chest infections and wheezing
- Lower risk of diabetes
- Less eczema
- Better mental development. Breastfed babies have I.Q.s of 5.2 points higher than bottle fed infants, according to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Better mouth formation and straighter teeth
- Babies which are less likely to be obese adults
- Lower risk of pre-menopausal breast cancer
- Lower risk of ovarian cancer
- Faster returns to pre-pregnancy figure. When a women’s body is making breast milk it burns about 500 extra calories a day
- Stronger bones in later life
- It is free it saves a family an estimated £600 across the baby’s first year
- It is convenient always available and the milk is instantly at the right temperature
- It is environmentally friendly, produced and delivered to the consumer without any pollution, unnecessary packaging or waste.
This is the first type of milk contains antibodies to protect your baby from infection in the first few days. It contains lots of energy and you produce the right amount to meet your baby’s needs.
The mature milk comes in from the 3rd day. It is like colostrum but not so highly concentrated.
To discuss these benefits and any of your breastfeeding questions please contact Kate for a personal consulation.